If you’re searching for a simple, delicious dessert that’s easy to make, look no further than this 3-ingredient banana pudding! This classic treat comes together quickly and with only 3 ingredients, it’s cost-effective for even the largest groups.
What Makes This Recipe So Good
- You only need 3 ingredients and roughly 10 minutes to make this deliciously creamy banana pudding! There’s zero cooking, zero baking, and you don’t even need to wait for the pudding to set up before you can enjoy it. The secret? It’s thickened with fresh bananas, so it’s thick and creamy as soon as it comes out of the blender.
- If you want to dress up your 3-ingredient banana pudding a little, feel free to add a dollop of whipped cream, a sprinkle of crushed vanilla wafers, or even a few more slices of banana. Feeling adventurous? Try a drizzle of peanut butter topped with chocolate chips, finely chopped nuts, and a maraschino cherry or slices of fresh strawberries. Those are all optional, though, so don’t panic – the only mandatory ingredients are bananas, instant pudding, and a milk of some sort.
- For best results, stick to fresh bananas for this recipe. Frozen are great for smoothies but they won’t work for pudding. The texture will be off and frozen bananas easily turn a little brown, throwing off the appearance of the dessert.
- Refrigerate any leftover banana pudding in an airtight container, but don’t forget about it. Since this pudding’s made with fresh bananas, it’ll only keep for a couple of days.
More Delicious Recipes To Try
- Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Mochi Brownies
- Pumpkin Ice Cream
- Creamy Rotel Pasta with Ground Beef
3-Ingredient Banana Pudding
- silicone or rubber spatula
- serving cups, jars, or bowls
For the Banana Pudding
- 3 large bananas - divided
- 1 3.4-ounce packet instant pudding mix - vanilla or banana flavor
- ⅔ cup milk of choice - see Notes
Suggested Toppings (All Optional)
- whipped cream
- crushed vanilla wafers
- banana slices
- Slice 1 large banana into thin, equal-sized slices and set aside. Peel 2 remaining bananas, break each banana into pieces, and place pieces in blender. Pulse bananas until smooth, pausing to scrape down sides of blender as needed.
- When bananas are puréed and smooth, add packet of instant pudding mix and ⅔ cup milk to blender. Continue pulsing until ingredients are fully combined and mixture is smooth, pausing to scrape down sides of blender as needed.
- Place 2 to 3 spoonfuls of pudding in bottom of serving cups or bowls. Top pudding with slices of banana, then cover banana layer with additional pudding. Repeat as needed to fill serving containers. If desired, top pudding with whipped cream, crushed vanilla wafers, and additional banana slices, and serve.
- If you prefer your banana pudding chilled, refrigerate the prepared pudding before portioning it into serving containers. Wait to slice the banana until you’re ready to serve the pudding, to prevent browning.
- Make it Dairy Free: Use a plain or vanilla non-dairy milk.
Number of total servings shown is approximate. Actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes. Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 serving using the ingredients listed, not including any optional ingredients. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used. To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by the desired number of servings. Result will be the weight of one serving.