Frozen green beans made delicious in the air fryer! Perfectly seasoned and made quick and easy, this recipe makes that dinner veggie a snap.
What Makes This Recipe So Good
- Cooking green beans in the air fryer is the best way to prepare these delicious veggies. The air fryer crisps them up perfectly, with no burnt, soggy pieces. And they’re ready in no time at all, which is great for busy weeknights.
- Air fryer frozen green beans are full of flavor and pair well with a wide range of main courses. Put them with chicken almondine, chicken costoletta, potato crusted cod…the possibilities are endless.
👩🏼🍳 Chef’s Tips
- You can totally customize the seasonings you use! Craving some spice? Add a sprinkle of paprika or red pepper flakes. Serving them with a flavorful main dish? Match the seasonings for the green beans. Italian seasoning, lemon juice or zest, grated parmesan…they’re the perfect neutral canvas to match whatever flavors you’re craving or serving!
- If you have a small air fryer, you may need to work in batches in order to evenly cook your green beans. Overcrowding the basket keeps the green beans from getting perfectly crispy!
🍽️ Main Course Recipes We Love
- Ultimate Chicken Casserole
- Tofu Pasta
- Firebirds’ Chicken Pasta Copycat Recipe
- Best Ever Tuna Noodle Casserole
- Cream Cheese Garlic Skillet Chicken
- Walking Taco Casserole
- Instant Pot Chicken and Noodles
Air Fryer Frozen Green Beans
- air fryer
- medium mixing bowl
- silicone spatula (or wooden spoon)
- 1 pound frozen green beans
- 2 tablespoons neutral oil (avocado oil, olive oil, etc.)
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt (more or less to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper (more or less to taste)
- Preheat air fryer to 400° Fahrenheit.
- Add 1 pound frozen green beans to medium mixing bowl. Drizzle 2 tablespoons neutral oil over green beans, then add ½ teaspoon garlic powder, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper. Stir or toss to completely coat green beans in oil and seasonings.
- Remove basket from preheated air fryer. Transfer prepared green beans to air fryer basket and spread green beans out evenly across basket. Work in batches as needed to avoid overfilling air fryer basket.
- Return basket to preheated air fryer. Air fry green beans 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, remove basket from air fryer and shake basket to toss green beans.
- Return basket to air fryer. Air fry green beans 3, then begin checking doneness. Continue air frying green beans, checking every 60 seconds, until green beans are crisp, browned, and fork-tender.
- When green beans are ready, remove basket from air fryer. Transfer green beans to serving plates and serve warm.
- Cook Times: All air fryers behave differently. Adjust cook time as needed to avoid over-cooking or burning green beans.
- Seasonings: Feel free to season your green beans with Italian seasoning, crushed red pepper flakes, Everything Bagel seasoning, or any other seasoning you like.
Recipe costs provided are approximate. Actual cost per recipe & serving will vary by location, store, brand, etc. Approximate cost shown does not include costs for any optional ingredients.
Number of total servings shown is approximate. Actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes. Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 serving using the ingredients listed, not including any optional ingredients. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used. To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by the desired number of servings. Result will be the weight of one serving.