Fresh, fruity strawberries and sliced bananas tossed in a creamy, perfectly tangy and sweet cheesecake mixture – this strawberry banana cheesecake salad is quick and easy to make but SO good! Perfect for any BBQ, potluck, or gathering.
🍓 What Makes This Recipe So Good
- It’s quick and easy to make! Classic cheesecakes take so much time and effort. Worrying about cracks in the top, if it set right, leaking springform pans…not with this dessert! Just 15 minutes of prep and some added chill time stand between you and this creamy fruit salad.
- Strawberry banana cheesecake salad is the perfect hot weather treat. Cool, fresh fruit, folded into a cheesecake whipped topping? Absolutely dreamy. It’s a refreshing, cloud-like dessert that’ll satisfy your sweet tooth without making you feel weighed down.
- You can totally customize this fruit salad! Have extra fruits on hand? Toss them in! Fresh blueberries, raspberries, or even blackberries would be delicious additions. Love nuts? Garnish your finished fruit salad with freshly chopped pecans! While it’s absolutely incredible on its own, you could also serve it with graham crackers or cinnamon pita chips.
👩🏼🍳 Chef’s Tips
- Soft, room-temperature cream cheese is essential in this recipe! Just set your block of cream cheese on the counter 30 minutes before you plan to prepare this salad, and it should be soft enough to work with. If you forget, you can try microwaving the cream cheese on 50% power in 10-15 second bursts (out of its wrapper of course), but proceed with caution. Warming dairy products too quickly can cause them to curdle, which isn’t exactly the flavor or texture you want in this dessert.
- You can make this dish ahead of time! Just follow the instructions as written, but allow both bowls to chill in the refrigerator until you’re ready to combine them. I wouldn’t prepare the fruits too far in advance, though. While the lemon juice will delay the bananas browning a little, it won’t stop the process entirely. Slice them too early and you’ll end up with less-than-beautiful banana slices in your cheesecake salad.
🧁 Other Budget-Friendly Sweet Treats We Love
- Vanilla Brownies with Buttercream Frosting
- 4 Ingredient Banana Bread
- Healthy-ish Apple Nachos
- Banana Pudding Brownies
- 3-Ingredient Keto Caramel Sauce
- Homemade Magic Shell
- Southern-Style Banana Pudding Cups
- Grilled Peaches with Honey
- Microwave Mug Cake (Gluten-Free)
Strawberry Banana Cheesecake Salad
- large mixing bowl (with lid, or plastic wrap to cover)
- hand mixer (with beater attachments)
- large bowl
- silicone spatula
- 1 8-ounce block cream cheese (softened)
- 1 3.4-ounce box cheesecake flavor instant pudding mix
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt (or vanilla bean yogurt)
- 1 8-ounce tub whipped topping
- 3 large ripe bananas (sliced into discs)
- 2 pounds strawberries (hulled, sliced)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ cup graham cracker crumbs (approximately 3 ½ graham cracker sheets)
- Add 1 8-ounce block cream cheese to large mixing bowl. Using hand mixer, beat cream cheese until creamy and smooth.
- Add 1 3.4-ounce box cheesecake flavor instant pudding mix and 1 cup vanilla yogurt to mixing bowl. Continue mixing with hand mixer until ingredients are fully combined and mixture is smooth. Set hand mixer aside.
- Add 1 8-ounce tub whipped topping to mixing bowl. Gently fold whipped topping into cream cheese with silicone spatula until whipped topping is fully incorporated.
- Cover mixing bowl with lid or plastic wrap and place in refrigerator. Chill cheesecake mixture at least 30 minutes.
- Just before serving, add 3 large ripe bananas, 2 pounds strawberries, and 1 tablespoon lemon juice to separate large bowl. Gently stir to coat berries and banana slices in lemon juice.
- Uncover cheesecake mixture. Transfer berries and bananas to bowl with cheesecake mixture and gently fold in fruit, mixing only until fruit is incorporated evenly. Be careful not to smash or crush fruit. Do not over-mix.
- When fruit is incorporated, sprinkle ½ cup graham cracker crumbs over top of cheesecake salad. Serve chilled with additional graham crackers if desired.
- Leftovers: Refrigerate in an airtight container up to 3 days.
Recipe costs provided are approximate. Actual cost per recipe & serving will vary by location, store, brand, etc. Approximate cost shown does not include costs for any optional ingredients.
Number of total servings shown is approximate. Actual number of servings will depend on your preferred portion sizes. Nutritional values shown are general guidelines and reflect information for 1 serving using the ingredients listed, not including any optional ingredients. Actual macros may vary slightly depending on specific brands and types of ingredients used. To determine the weight of one serving, prepare the recipe as instructed. Weigh the finished recipe, then divide the weight of the finished recipe (not including the weight of the container the food is in) by the desired number of servings. Result will be the weight of one serving.